Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Under Construction

Welcome to FrugalChic!

I created this blog out of sheer frustration. As I flipped through yet another magazine chock full of overpriced items one day, I came across a $50 umbrella and $100 rain boots (golashes, wellies - whichever name you prefer). Right then and there, I decided I'd had enough. Seriously, I was outraged. Then I realized, I'm outraged by the prices of most of these cute things all the time.

A lot of us ladies idolize the designer shoe and bag wearing characters we see on television, but for some reason when Carrie Bradshaw spent the equivalent of rent money on Manolos, or when Toni Childs bought an über expensive designer handbag, I always felt more panic than admiration. Actually, I cringed and thought “w.t.f. is her problem??” Of course we all like to look “fab” and hear a few "oohs" and "aahs" when people walk into our home, and there are some areas where we can't skimp, but since many of us are of a more, um, modest income, we have to learn how to look good and live well on a shoestring budget. That's where a frugal chick like me comes in. While I believe in preserving your sexy, I know you don't have to go broke in the process. When I see a bargain, I'll share it. A hot sale, you'll know. A home improvement project that will save you hundreds of dollars - I'm on it. (Hey, I didn't say this frugal-chic thing was for the faint-of-heart.) Of course I'll share a few of my favorite treats that aren't so frugal, but very green, healthy, or make life so much more manageable that I can't resist discussing. Let's just say FrugalChic is for the well-rounded diva. I'm all about preserving your sexy, the planet, and your finances all at the same time. Imagine that.

As you can see, the site is currently under construction. So pardon my dust and all that. Rest assured, I will be up and running soon with everything I just promised and links to other thrifty and not-so-thrifty, fashion loving, product addicted, home decorating sisteren.

Stay tuned!

btw - This looks so much better in an Internet Explorer or Safari browser.

No comments: