Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Kind of People

Today, I stumbled across a 20/20 webcast of the lovely (and aptly named) Economides family – also known as America’s Cheapest Family. The family of seven manages to subsist on less than $35,000 a year! Yes, you read right - less than $35,000 a year My heroes

One of their secrets – no debt. They don’t use credit cards (God-willing, I will get rid of the one I have soon) and they live by the most important frugality rule of all: If you don’t have the money, don’t buy it. (Man, how did I manage to leave that one out of the Frugal Chic philosophy?) To most people, that advice is easier said than done. How can you buy a home without incurring debt? Clearly I have questions just like anyone else, but the fact remains that debt-free living is quite possible. Take a look.





I’m just wondering what they will do about sending the kiddies to college. Maybe I need to pick up their book.

1 comment:

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

'If you don't have the money, don't buy it.'

Sounds so simple, yet so hard. It's def. advice I should take to heart. And I will ... as soon as I'm done shopping for my vacation!

Thanks FrugalChic! =)