Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tell the Truth

I came across this article today on the supposed reason(s) gas prices are rising and I say bullocks! Here's the real reason gas prices are rising: the Christmas rush is over. The powers that be decided to stop raping our wallets long enough for us to pump money back into the economy with Christmas shopping. Hello, false sense of security!

Had gas prices remained the same, malls and stores - both physical and virtual - would have remained virtually empty and our economy would be even worse off than it already is. Now that the Christmas rush (pre and post) is over, gas prices are set to skyrocket again. Coincidence? I think not. And, since most Americans don't live within walking or even biking distance of our jobs, we'll have no choice but to pay. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Why are we still so dependent on oil anyway? There are alternatives...



btw - I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! I promise to post more frequently in 2009. Right now, I'm working on revamping the layout a bit, so I should be back to posting on a regular basis beginning in March. I apologize to my one disappointed reader out there. *mwah*

No comments: