Monday, September 21, 2009

Cheap Chic: Formal Finds

*sigh* I'm trying to hop back on this blogging thing. Really I am.

Something I've been meaning to blog about is affordable formal wear. I often dress for weddings as I would if I were going to church, but things change when it's a black tie affair. I always dress for the occasion but I refuse to soak my checkbook in tears to do so. So, I will try to post on my formal finds when it happens.

Here's formal find number #1:
a black and silver designer dress (belted, one off-the shoulder detail, and pockets) and buckle embellished stilletos. I wore this to a wedding earlier this year.


Dress: Carmen Marc Valvo (regular retail price $500/I paid $125)
Shoes: Guess (regular retail price: over $100; But they were free for me! Yeah, I cheated. They were a gift from the sis who was just not diva enough to walk in them herself. woo hoo!)

2 comments:

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

Me likey!

And I want the shoes. Gimme.

While we're at it, I'd like another blog post.

Terri said...

Hey I'm trying to get in contact with the owner of this blog. Please contact me groves_terrinikia@yahoo.com