Friday, September 28, 2007

If I Were a Rich Girl

Ahhh, Fridays - a day of indulgence here at Frugal Chic.


On Fridays, I just like to talk about things that make me feel good (or would) regardless of price so here's something on my ever-growing home improvement wish list.

I hadn't checked my mailbox at home in a while so I decided to stroll by and empty it finally yesterday. That's when I realized the latest issue of Domino magazine was nestled deep in the pile of junk mail. So, I flipped through a few pages and came across something that made me shout for joy: Oiled Bronze kitchen appliances from Jenn-Air.

In a perfect world, I would remodel my kitchen using these appliances. I need new cabinets, countertops, and appliances, but alas, a complete overhaul (or anything beyond changing the walls) right now is not within my reach. But I can dream can't I? In my dream, bronze appliances would fit my décor perfectly! I've never been a fan of the trendy stainless steel look that has taken over since I'm partial to warm colors - browns, tans, golds, oranges, etc. - and stainless steel always seems more at home with cooler colors to me. Anyway, feast your eyes on this:

Breathtaking no? (not to mention the glass tile backsplash.) I couldn't wait to share my latest "I Want..." discovery
with the semi-boyfriend (story for another blog folks) when he got home. He's an interior designer and would
understand my joy.

"Look! Look!" I hopped up and down waving the magazine in his face. We poured over the page together.

"Niiiice."

I knew he would understand. *sigh* One day it will be mine! [insert diabolical laugh here.]

While I'm on the subject of dream-appliances-I-can't-afford, another
kitchen I've always envisioned would include retro pieces.
I'm partial to red, but it all depends on your décor.
I found a few dealers on the web. Here are a few from Big Chill:











And don't worry - the appliances are retro on the outside but, according to their website, the inside is modern and they do offer energy efficient models. Can't see it working in your house? They have plenty of sample photos on their site.

1 comment:

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

Good stuff. I'm also partial to red.