Monday, October 1, 2007

Personal Day: Monday Morning

Monday mornings are so hard, especially when I have to get up early to walk my dog. When winter comes, it won't be pretty. I don't do cold weather. Still he's worth it and, truth be told, the morning walks actually wake me up. It's also been a great way to meet neighbors. Since I'm very big on community, that's a plus.


After my last dog died, I decided that I never wanted another pet but then I visited the local animal shelter and this little guy stole my heart. But how would I afford a dog, I wondered. First of all, adopting him helped. He's a puggle, which can cost up to $1500 as puppies. At the shelter, he was $35 and he's pretty low-maintenance (besides the neediness that is). He does need Weight Watchers right about now as evidenced by his chubby rump sticking out from underneath my bed in the mornings. But that just means I have to feed him less and that works for my budget. :o) Seriously, two vets said he has to lose weight. I'm not going to starve him to save money or anything. Shame on you for thinking so!



No comments: