Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day of Indulgence

The Good News Is:

I paid down a significant portion of my credit card debt. Somehow my credit card balance managed to climb close to $2,000. I'm sure many people have even higher cc debt, but to me, that was just too much and, more importantly, it's never happened before. I actually felt a sense of oppression whenever I thought about it. So I dipped into my savings and a little extra I had sitting in my checking account (because I haven't shopped in months now) and paid most of it off. I've whittled the balance down to $400 and I refuse to use the card again (if ever again at all) until that is paid off (which shouldn't take more than two months).


The Bad News Is:

I celebrated by treating myself to a little bit of.........retail therapy. It's not what you think though. I spent a grand total of $62.00 on a much-needed pair of sexy heels and a skirt and top for work (mostly paid for with a gift card I found during a clutter-clearing moment). So all-in-all, I bought pieces I actually need and I didn't spend much. Check out the shoes (which I found for $34 at Off Broadway - a steal right?) They're cute, pretty comfy (although peep-toe heels are always a little tricky for me), and work with a variety of looks:


*Note: Faux snakeskin and leather.

4 comments:

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

Ohhh!! Me likey the shoes!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, very nice. And I feel you on the cc debt. I got out of of it last year, and I am too geeked. Next comes the townhouse purchase, so I can start living my little American dream, too.

The Frugal Chick said...

Strength - thaaaaanks! I was iffy on them at first and I stood there in the mirror thinking, "I need a man's opinion." Suddenly, this guy appeared and gave them the thumbs up. That helped. lol

Camille - Welcome! So have you managed to avoid carrying a balance since last year? You're a soldier! Good luck with the townhouse search. :o)

Silly said...

i love the shoes! good taste! :)